Episode 1 - Interview with Francisco "Grundislav" Gonzalez
In episode 1 I speak with Francisco “Grundislav” Gonzalez who has been making adventure games for well over a decade and has become one of the most recognizable names in the genre. In this interview we go over his career and we go behind the scenes on his freeware Ben Jordan series as well as his three commercial titles, a Golden Wake, Shardlight and Lamplight City. We find out:
- The meaning of the name Grundislav
- What the Ben Jordan series was originally supposed to be.
- What he would change if remade A Golden Wake
- Why he named the game Shardlight
- Why he decided to make the detective game Lamplight City where it’s ok to fail
Plus much more! I also discuss 2018’s best reviewed adventure games and I give my own review of Lamplight City.
Link to Francisco Gonzalez’s website:
Links to articles:
If you enjoyed this episode and would like to hear more interviews with more adventure game developers then please subscribe, rate and review wherever you listen to podcasts.
More details about this podcast here:
You can find links to my social media links here:
Music is Speedy Delta (ID 917) by Lobo Loco and can be found here: